v

ALL I REALLY NEED TO KNOW
I LEARNED FROM T-SHIRTS

Friday, July 25, 2008

Lesson 29. Have a Happy Birthday

One of my children was born on Boxing Day – the day after Christmas. So far, she and her siblings think she's lucky, because she gets presents two days in a row. She also gets a birthday celebration with her family on the day, then gets an un-birthday party with her friends later in the year. I hope she can keep that optimistic view of it.

A friend of a friend was recently complaining about the injustice of his birthday, which is on Christmas Day itself. In fact, he thinks Christmas should be held on a different day each year, just like Easter is. "Why is Easter at a different time each year anyway?" he complained, adding "and why can't they do the same for Christmas?"

Still it must be better than being born on February 29! Those people only get a birthday every four years.

I'm pretty happy with my birthday. It usually coincides with the Queen's Birthday long weekend, so I get an extra day off to celebrate. It's not a holiday associated with lots of tradition, so I'm not sharing the limelight with a bigger occasion either.

Does your birthday coincide with a public holiday, anniversary or just someone else's birthday? How do you feel about it?

birthday on Christmas Day

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home